- Definitions and Interpretation
"cookie" means a small file consisting of letters and numbers that Our Site downloads to your computer or device;
"localStorage / sessionStorage" means storing data on your computer or device using the Web Storage API;
"web beacon" means a small, transparent image file (usually only 1-pixel x 1-pixel in size) used for tracking user behaviour and activity around Our Site;
"We/Us/Our" means Encycarpedia Ltd.
- We use the following types of cookie:
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it. These are placed by a third party and we have no control over them.
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of cookie may be a persistent cookie. Persistent cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of cookie may be a session cookie. Session cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- We also use web beacons on Our Site to track your navigation around it. As with analytics cookies described above, web beacons help Us to understand how you use Our Site and enable us to improve it in the future.
- For more specific details of the cookies that We use, please refer to the table below. For more specific details of the cookies that Our analytics provider uses, please visit Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites.
- How Does Our Site localStorage?
- If available, we may use localStorage instead of Cookies on Our Site. We use localStorage in the same way as the equivalent Cookie, but localStorage is a more modern, more efficient technology.
- What Cookies / localStorage Does Our Site Use?
||Indicates to Us that We have checked that you're on the correct language version of Our Site. This also stores your custom selection if you've made one, so We may automatically redirect you for your convenience.
||Allows us to store your selections for car comparison.
- How You Can Control Cookies
- Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. You can change these settings if you wish, however please be aware that this is not generally a per-site setting and will prevent all websites from using cookies, not just Ours. Please also be aware that by disabling cookies in your browser, you may impair the functionality of Our Site. Specifically, car comparison will not function correctly if cookies are disabled.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Safari (OSX)
- Safari (iOS)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Android (Please refer to your device's documentation for manufacturers' own browsers)
- Microsoft Edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Further Information
- For more information about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following:
- Terms & Conditions